the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> There used to be webpage http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/
> where use could paste output of: lspci -n
>
> But is no longer active, did it change?

That site seems to be gone.  I did find some other info.  Maybe one of
these links will help replace it.

https://www.linuxjournal.com/supportedhardware

https://linux-hardware.org/

https://wiki.debian.org/Hardware

https://www.linuxcompatible.org/compatibility/

Each site has its own way.  One lists links to distro sites, another
probes your system to see if everything is supported, I didn't test
that, and others seem to list hardware separated by type, network, video
etc etc.

I seem to recall using that site long ago.  If I recall correctly, it
would find the correct kernel drivers etc for each piece of hardware.
Certainly made things easier when trying to do a install on a new
system.  Sad to see it is gone.

Dale

:-)  :-)