J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Monday, April 20, 2020 2:26:38 AM CEST Dale wrote:
>> the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

>>> I think using: lspci -kn
>>> will do the trick, it lists the kernel driver in use.
>> If I recall correctly, it has to be enabled already for it to show
>> that.  If you have a limited boot media that doesn't support some piece
>> of hardware, it won't help.  It works more to confirm the driver is
>> loaded than anything. If doing a new install, or more important about to
>> purchase new hardware, those types of sites can be of real help.  Also
>> true if you run windoze and want to switch or dual boot.  I suspect that
>> site that does the probing thing is for people using windoze but wanting
>> to switch.
>>
>> It works if you already have the right driver enabled tho.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
> If you boot from one of the "enable everything" live distributions, you will
> find it.
>
> I miss HCL as well.
>
> --
> Joost

That's true but in the past, I've ran into times where a driver wasn't
included.  I ran into that once with a network card.  The driver for it
had to be installed similar to how a video driver is.  In that case, it
doesn't work.  Could be a somewhat rare occurrence but worth mentioning.

Dale

:-)  :-)