On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 09:15:58PM +0000, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
> summary of questions:
> ---------------------
>     1. what rss feed reader do you use?

Snownews: net-news/snownews [1]

>     2. what are your theoretical principles that
>        guided you to choose the rss feed that you
>        use.

With the recent decision on gentoo-dev to switch the default  target  to  Python
3.7, many packages stuck on Python 3.6 support are  being  masked  for  removal.
Hence,  I've  been  trying  to  avoid  Python  packages  like  the  plague  when
alternatives are available.  Snownews is written in C and Perl (quite a few Perl
dependencies are required, but they're all tiny) and  claims  to  run  any  UNIX
system (which is likely true).

The activity on the GitHub  repository  has  been  quiet  recently,  but  in  my
experience it is remarkably stable and encapsulates everything an R.S.S.\ reader
should.

It is also a terminal application with  customisable  keybindings,  which  is  a
'must' for me.  Unfortunately, it's  only  available  on  amd64,  x86,  and  ppc
architectures; no A.R.M.\ support in portage.

[1] https://github.com/kouya/snownews

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk