On 2020.04.26 15:08, Jorge Almeida wrote:
[snip....]
I'll keep searching for some audio chat package that works. mumble seems promising, but it requires an available server. zoom (which most people @work use) doesn't emerge. slack does emerge and vomits a totally unresponsive window (well, not *totally* unresponsive: Ctrl+Q works :))

I run a mostly stable amd64 system with selected ~amd64 packages. I use both slack and zoom reasonably often, and have not had any install related problems. (I don't necessarily TRUST either of them, but my use of them is for a project with nothing particularly confidential of private.) I'd say if you care enough to bother - start a separate thread about why those two fail emerge for you. I seem to have recurring problems with audio and/or video, but I'm pretty sure that is hardware and/or system related - not due directly to either slack or zoom.

Jack