Greetings,

On Thursday, 2020-04-30 07:31:51 -0500, Dale wrote:

> [ebuild   R    ] app-doc/gimp-help-2.8.2:2::gentoo  0 KiB

Thanks for pointing me to a package I hadn't yet installed,  even though
I have installed "media-gfx/gimp" (but use it rarely).  But installation
took surprisingly long  because it included tons of messages in unneeded
laguages.   I have  L10N="en-GB"  in my "make.conf" file,  but this only
seems to request additional languages.

Is there a way to exclude megabytes  of message texts or manual pages in
languages I don't understand anyway from being installed, something like
"L10N="-* en-GB"?   And is there a way to again remove unnecessary lang-
uages after they have been installed?

Under Ubuntu I used to use a package named "localepurge" which did both.

Sincerely,
  Rainer