On Oct 26, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Bruno Lustosa wrote:

On 10/25/05, Konstantin V. Gavrilenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have emerge OpenOffice 2.0 recently and noticed a strange problem,
that whenever I try to access the file located on the nfs, the OO2
hangs. The rest of the applications are working fine with nfs, and such
problem never happened with OpenOffice 1.x

I experienced the same problem while trying to migrate a network share from samba to nfs.
Everything else worked fine with nfs. I could even open the OO files in file-roller, for example, with no errors at all.
Thus, I was forced to go back and stick to samba.
Do you get loads of 'NFS server not responding' messages in your log files as well?

in my experience samba works better for that sort of thing anyway.  If a server serving an nfs share goes down, all the computers with that share mounted will go nuts, spending 100% cpu trying to get the share back.  Samba seems to fail more gracefully under those conditions.
--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477