On 30/04/2020 18:04, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
I copied the first 230GB of that disk to an empty partition of my new
system and run "testdisk" on it....after the analysis it came back
with "this partition cannot be recovered" but did not sau. whether the
reason is a partition table, which is broken beyond repair, or simply
due to the incomplete image file...

Just come up with another idea that will hopefully give us some clues...

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Asking_for_help#lsdrv

Ignore the fact that it's the raid wiki - this tool basically delves into the drive and tries to find mbr, gpt, superblock, lvm and raid signatures, everything ...

So run that and see what it tells us ...

Cheers,
Wol