On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 09:16:33AM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
>   It looks like blender is a heavy-duty program that bogs down your
> system.  You could buy a new machine, or you could try the "nice"
> command.  The tradeoff is that your system becomes more responsive
> because the program is launched with a lower priority.  The usual
> priority levels range from 20 (lowest priority for your program) to
> -19 (highest priority for your program).  Note that you have to use
> root or sudo to use negative nice-level (higher priority).

Considering the specifications of Meino machine, this is not expected  behaviour
from any application.  I doubt it is possible for a standard consumer to  buy  a
machine with much better hardware; this  is  certainly  a  more  serious  issue,
whether it be faulty hardware or misbehaving software.

What else is running at the time of Blender locking up ? Are you absolutely sure
that it is Blender causing this issue ?

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk