On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:14 PM Caveman Al Toraboran
<toraboracave...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> are you referring to python's dependence on expat
> and glibc?

More like bash's dependence.  Well, and in the case of glibc just
about everything.  When those break you're basically stuck recovering
from a rescue disk.

Fortunately we haven't had glibc/gcc break ABI in quite a while, and
preserved-rebuild covers a lot of the other issues.

In any case, if you have a solution other than statically building
half the system I'm sure patches will be welcome.  FWIW Gentoo is
about as hassle-free to use as it has ever been.  It isn't debian
stable, and it is unlikely to ever be that way...

--
Rich