On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 03:15:08PM +1300, Tom Eastman wrote:
> I *do* have a home server which is running SMTP, it accepts email from my
> LAN, but not the outside world.  Running postfix but haven't looked into
> learning how to set up SMTP authentication.
>
> Unfortunately, that wouldn't help anyway since at work, where I tend to
> plug my laptop in, I'm firewalled off from my home server.

Do you have sshd listening on your home server?

Does the corporate firewall at work allow outgoing ssh traffic?

If you answer yes to both, you can just bounce an ssh tunnel between
your laptop and your ssh gateway....

"Unfamilliarity does bring terror, so I sympathize with those of you who
aren't."
~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 4 days, 21:13