On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 18:26:15 BST Серега Филатов wrote:
> Hmm, isn't the "OOM killer enabled" just a notification that OOM killer is
> working (not taking action)?
>
> I'm running htop now. It seems that baloo really takes too much RAM and
> CPU, but nothing fatal, plenty of free physical RAM and swap.
>
> Anyway, thanks for the tip about baloo, but I think that it'll solve a
> small part of the problem.

It should be easy to test.  In Plasma desktop go to SystemSettings > Search >
File Search, then untick 'Enable File Search'.  Run 'balooctl disable' to make
sure it is stopped, log out/in for good measure and then shut the lid, or
select to Suspend to Ram from the menu while keeping an eye on the logs.

This has solved suspend problems on some of my systems, but not all.  There is
still the odd desktop which misbehaves, randomly.