On 7/6/20 6:02 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
   I'd like to install Gentoo on an older Lenovo laptop with 3 gigs ram
and 75 gigs disk.  Is there a "robo-installer script" for this? I want
1 partition (/dev/sda via lilo ) as ext3 and openrc.  I'll settle for a
textconsole-only install if necessay, and tweak the kernel and build X
as necessary.

Good news: I have dozens of potential solutions to what you seek. I will post a few, that best (potentially) satisfy your solution-request. Please let me know what your try and what is wrong with what I suggest. (it helps me).

Bad news: I am currently very disorganized.

1. (Best; imho)

https://wiki.cloveros.ga/CloverOS_GNU/Linux

2. (BEST; a tie)

http://exgent.exton.net/

Both are new, gentoo centric and should work on a wide variety of newer and older hardware.

Do provide more detail (processor, Mobo, major sytems) on your current target(s). With your deeper feedback, I have pointers to many other resources for (semi) automated gentoo installs.

hth,
James