On 8/1/20 1:53 PM, antlists wrote:
That's one of the good things about the UK scene. In theory, and mostly in practice, the infrastructure (ie copper, fibre) is provided by a company which is not allowed to provide the service over it, so a mom-n-pop ISP can supposedly rent the link just as easily as a big ISP.

For a long time, the incumbent telephone carrier was required to allow other companies to access the DSL network and provide service.

I've not kept up with the laws and have no idea of the current state.

When we move I'll almost certainly move to Andrews and Arnold, who are exactly that mom-n-pop setup that are run by a bunch of engineers, as opposed to accountants.

:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die