On 25/11/2020 22:59, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:37:48 -0600, Dale wrote:

First I've heard of a laptop having space for two hard drives.  I
need to make a note of that.  Now one has reason to use labels on
laptops too.  o_O
You already have. what if you boot with a flash drive connected and
it is recognised first?

I wasn't counting a external device.  I was just referring to internal
hard drives.  I don't even put flash drives in the same category as a
hard drive either, even tho they can get large.

Large in capacity but physically small. It's easy to reboot and not
realise you have a flash drive connected, which could possibly mess up
your drive naming.

Yup. I've forgotten which system it was - possibly this one - but I've got a system which will refuse to boot if I forget I've got a USB stick in it ...

Cheers,
Wol