On 11/26/20 6:56 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
After trying to think of reasons to use sendmail, I beganto wonder if it still supports bang-routing and UUCP as a transport mechanism. A bit of googling seems to indicate that it does.

Yes. I have used this a few times in the last 18 months. Mostly for fun through my small UUCP network.

So there's one thing (that I do understand) that can be done with sendmail that can't (AFAICT) be done with the usual replacements.

I thought at least one of the other contemporary MTAs also supported UUCP.

I would assume anything that does support UUCP would also support bang-routing as I believe that's more of a UUCP function than an MTA function. So I'm surprised at the idea that other things that do support UUCP don't support bang-routing.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die