On 06/12/2020 12:54, Rich Freeman wrote:
I think the idea of having something more cross-platform is a good
one, though there is nothing really about systemd that isn't "open" -
it is FOSS.  It just prioritizes using linux syscalls where they are
useful over implementing things in a way that work on other kernels,
which is more of a design choice than anything else.  I mean, it is no
more wrong to use linux-specific syscalls than for the linux
developers to create them in the first place.

After all, it's not as if SysVinit is portable ... hint - it ISN'T. Nobody uses it but linux distros stuck in the past.

Cheers,
Wol