On 12/6/20 3:25 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2020-12-06, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 20:01:27 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:

I updated one of my systems a day or two ago, and Python 3.7 went away
as expected. Today, I'm updating another system and it is rebuilding
tons of stuff to target python 3.8 instead of 3.7, but it's keeping
3.7 and even wants to install a _new_ package -- and build it for
Python 3.7:

emerge -cpv python:3.7 will show you what is keeping 3.7

Something's wrong.

That lists 43 packages. I checked the first few, and none of them require
python 3.7.

emerge -uDN @world --with-bdeps=y --changed-deps=y --keep-going

Run that as well, then run emerge -cpv python:3.7

Check if you have any useflags keeping it around. For me it was mycli and doomsday (at least ones that still would be keeping it around, I think there was another package that has since been updated to have support for 3.8)