On Thursday, December 10, 2020 1:09:29 AM CET Dale wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I have a flatbed scanner.  It's a old HP 4570.  I been using Skanlite to
> scan pictures etc and it does a great job.  On occasion tho I have a
> double sided document.  I know how to scan them, scan one side, flip
> over and scan the back.  That's easy enough.  How do I print them the
> same way tho?  Sometimes I use it like a copying machine basically.
> Scan in, then print.  I'm not quite sure how to print the double sided
> stuff in one go tho.
>
> If someone does the same as me, can you share how you print them two
> sided?  My printer is duplex so I just need to import both sides and
> tell it to print.  I'm just not sure what software does that and makes
> it easy.
>
> Thoughts??
>
> Dale
>
> :_)  :-)

My old printer/scanner can scan directly to PDF using the sheetfeeder.
For double-sided, I always ended up with 1 PDF with odd-pages and 1 with even.

There used to be tools available (python-old) that could shuffle these
together and merge them into a single PDF, which would allow for easy reading/
printing.

Currently, I would have to manually convert these to single-pages and then
merge them, again, manually.

This is the downside of single-sided sheetfeeders.

If you do the scans manually (eg. no sheetfeeders) you should be able to get
them all in the correct order in a PDF. The PDF can then be printed double-
sided and you get them the same way. (Just scan them "dummy-mode" and add
white-pages when the back of the sheet is white)

--
Joost