On 12/10/2020 11:58 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On 10 December 2020 19:48:41 CET, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

>>> Are you running TBird as root?  Are you sure you don't want one lower
>>> level directory, such as /var/spool/mail/root or something like that?
>>
>> No, I run TBird as user.
>> On my other system the running TBird, as user, I can access
>> /var/spool/mail dir.
>> But on my main system I get an error:
>>
>> The Local Directory path "/var/spool/mail" is invalid. Please pick a
>> different directory.
>>
>> I check directory permission and they look OK.
>
> Are you in the "mail" group?
>
> --
> Joost

That was it. Now I can access the /var/spool/mail from TBird
I'm running Posfix and in main.cf I left as default:
home_mailbox = .maildir/

So all the local mail (from emerge would go to this folder), I tired as
root send myself and email: "mailto root" the mail went to my home
folder .maildir
but TBird can not read it.  It complains:

"Unable to locate mail spool file"