On 2021-03-12, Spackman, Chris <ch...@osugisakae.com> wrote:
> On 2021/03/12 at 02:57pm, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> > When I drag a tab out of it's parent window to create a new window
>> > [...] instead of staying where it's put the new window will follow
>> > the mouse cursor around the desktop anytime Chrom(e|ium) has focus.
>> [...]
>> any keypress will cause the weird behavior to stop.
>
> I have the same problem. Started recently. Right clicking on the tab
> and choosing "Move tab to new window" (if there is only one window)
> or "Move tab to another window" => "New window" (if there is already
> more than one window) works without problem.

Yep, same here.

> I've no idea what is causing the problem. Fluxbox is my window
> manager.

I'm using openbox.

The most recent upgrade of Chrome/Chromium was about 3 days before the
problem started. libXt and wayland got upgraded about 2 days before
the problem started. I haven't tried downgrading anything yet.

Now that I know to just hit a key to stop it, it's not so bad, so I'll
probably just try to wait it out until it gets fixed. For the first
day or so it was infuriating...

--
Grant