Michael wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 13:09:03 BST Dale wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>> Are you sure?
>>>
>>> This is what I see here on line 47:
>>>
>>> "status=LEVEL
>>>
>>>         The  LEVEL of information to print to stderr; 'none' suppresses
>>>         everything but error messages, 'noxfer' suppresses the final
>>>         transfer
>>>         statistics, 'progress'  shows periodic transfer statistics"
>>>
>>> I find this useful in seeing the transfer speed drop in real time as the
>>> cache gets saturated.
>> Ahhh, I didn't see the status part.  It's sort of hiding in a
>> subsection.  At least I know now that the version I have installed has
>> this option.
>>
>> I wish I could view man pages like I used to in Konqueror.  It displays
>> like a webpage and is much easier to search through.
>>
>> Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
> Yes, I also liked the old Konqueror interface.  Searching for keywords e.g.
> "progress" within man pages works if you preface the keyword with "/":
>
> /progress
>
> will find it and "n" or "Shift+n" will jump forward and backward to any other
> instances in the man page.

That doesn't work here.  I can type in /progress but it just shows up at
the bottom.  If I try "n" or shift+n I just get a n or N.  Maybe my man
page uses something different.

That said, I haven't tried Konqueror in a while so I found it, it gives
a error but I can type in man:dd and it shows up.  It has a search
tool.  Last time I tried it, wouldn't even come up.  That was a while
ago tho.  Guess it got fixed.

Dale

:-)  :-)