Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:43:31 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> Keep in mind, I do not want to disable ALL emails, just this one
>> script.  How does one disable emails for this one cron job?  Do I have a
>> typo or putting it in wrong place maybe?  Everything I found shows this
>> should work but obviously I'm doing something wrong.  Again, error
>> emails are fine.  I don't want successful runs tho.
> cron only sends an email if the job produces any output. If the script
> follows the *nix principle of succeed quietly, fail noisily, you should
> only get emails when things go wrong. However without seeing your
> mail-backup script, it is hard to say what needs to change.
>
> The "|| true " part means this cron task will always return success, even
> if the script fails, which possibly is not what you want.

My script, if one wants to call it that, just has rsync commands in it.
It doesn't get fancy.  I literally copy the commands from Konsole and
paste them in my text file.  I make it executable and that's my script.
I wouldn't even think it rises to a bash thing even tho it is at the
top, cron likes it that way.  For years, I been doing it manually.  I
just wanted to automate the thing a bit.

I hope I don't have to learn bash to do this.  I'd delete the cron job
and just go back to doing it manually.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)