Hello, Gentoo.

I'm having problems building rust.

I build everything in a ram disk, and last night my 13 Gb ram disk
proved too small to build rust in.  So I increased its size to 14 Gb,
and tried again this evening.  Same result.  The pre-check on the disk
size gave an OK both times, and both runs lasted about 45 minutes before
running out of space.

Help!  What am I supposed to do?  I've got 16 Gb RAM (I'm _not_ going to
use the word "only" here), and wondering just how big a chunk a ram disk
can take out of that before the machine siezes up altogether.  But if I
increase the ram disk to 15 Gb, even assuming it'd work, it's only going
to be a small number of releases before the clever people at rust
increase their bloat even more.

I know I could plump for the -bin package.  Maybe I should.  But before
I do that, is it possible to redirect this one ebuild away from
/var/tmp/portage (my ram disk) without disturbing the other builds?  If
so, how would I do this (or where should I look for documentation)?

Thanks for the help!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).