On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 9:12 PM Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:

> Given  you say the UUID is for the boot partition, then both the linux and
> initrd should just have the name of the kernel and initrd files (without
> leading "/boot",) which sounds like what  you've got.  I'd next wonder if
> something is missing from the kernel/initrd combination, such as a kernel
> module necessary for some early part of the boot process or a file system
> (per Dale's suggestion.)  Assuming that you ran genkernel after booting a
> live image and chrooting into the new system, then we know the hardware can
> boot a good kernel/image combo.  Mainly I'm  just thinking out loud here,
> trying to coax someone's little gray cells into action.

In my early linux days, I thought it would be clever to include kernel
support for my root filesystem in a module.  Whose code resided on the root
filesystem...  That didn’t work, of course, but at least the kernel started
to boot and threw out an error message.  Here, I just get complete
silence.  So, I doubt that file system support is an issue.

John