The R status means REBUILD. Usually, if it's an @world it's pulling that in because something about that package changed and so it needs to rebuild it. The --noreplace option would block that if portage didn't think it was needed. Based on your options, I'd say that it's probably a USE flag was changed. I don't use binpkgs myself, preferring to compile except in certain circumstances (can we say RUST!?) that I need to use a -bin variant. You can try without it, but I recommend leaving your change-use and newuse flags in place and letting the system rebuild xmodmap.