On 01/07/2021 15:41, Dale wrote:
I do copy mine manually.  It's how it was done when I first started
using Gentoo and I just stuck with it, it works.  It's just one
additional file.

I copied my kernels manually to start with. Then I discovered "make install". (and "make modules_install"). Much simpler.

And you don't need to muck about with grub.cfg by hand either. I think I'm going to switch to grub-mkconfig, because you can always output it to a new file to sanity-check before you send it live (and back up the old one, so you can always recover ...).

Cheers,
Wol