On 2021-07-13, antlists <antli...@youngman.org.uk> wrote:
> On 13/07/2021 15:07, Grant Edwards wrote:
>>
>> Yes, they do. Why do you need a "greeter"?
>
> Well, most modern linux systems boot to a gui login screen,

None of mine do, but that's a matter of choice.

> which, aiui, is called a greeter ...

I've never heard that term. I've always heard them called display
managers.

But, I seem to have gotten this thread mixed up with another where
somebody didn't want GUIs at all. I thought when you said "without X"
you meant you didn't want a GUI at all and wanted two linux consoles.

What you meant was you want a multi-seat, pure Wayland system.

My apologies...