On 8/3/21 12:52 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 07:20:47 +0200, n952162 wrote:

I read that, but I last updated 2 months ago.  So, this update breaks
because portage was updated and new ebuilds using that are already being
pushed out?
You should have seen a message from emerge --sync telling you that a new
version of portage was available and to run emerge -1au portage before
updating anything else.

I find no informational messages containing "portage", "emerge", or
"-1au" in any of the 3 sync runs I captured into one log file. I did
double check news beforehand, but didn't find anything there.