On 9/19/21 05:08, tastytea wrote:
On 2021-09-18 18:00-0400 Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
I reread most of two threads about this from 2018 and 2019, and there
was a post that seemed to imply there was a way to translate the
message number (196927 was the latest from this list for me) to a URL
to see the message in the list archives at gentoo.org.  Does such a
translation actually exist, and can someone point me to it?
You can search the message with marc.info, the syntax is
<https://marc.info/?i=[Message-Id]>, for your e-mail it would be
<https://marc.info/?i=RNSQBYSM.LJDOAC3M.UQQ2ORSM@3SFUADZQ.IVSRWZWW.352VGHH4>.

Or you could use a web search machine and search for
site:archives.gentoo.org "RNSQBYSM.LJDOAC3M.UQQ2ORSM@3SFUADZQ.IVSRWZWW.352VGHH4"

Kind regards, tastytea
Thanks but that doesn't help me.  I have 196927 available as a message number.  How do I go from that to the message-id like RNSQBYSM.LJDOAC3M.UQQ2ORSM@3SFUADZQ.IVSRWZWW.352VGHH4?  (The number is for a message that bounced, the id is for the message I sent.)  I know I could find that id in the headers, but I don't have the headers since I never received the message.