Jack wrote:
> On 2021.09.19 13:18, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:00:35 -0400, Jack wrote:
>>
>> > I reread most of two threads about this from 2018 and 2019, and there
>> > was a post that seemed to imply there was a way to translate the
>> > message number (196927 was the latest from this list for me) to a URL
>> > to see the message in the list archives at gentoo.org.  Does such a
>> > translation actually exist, and can someone point me to it?
>>
>> AFAIR you send a mail to the help address in the headers of any
>> message from the list and the list server will return a list of
>> commands,
>> including the one you need.
> I've done that, and I'll look again, but I don't recall seeing what I
> need.  What that help message does have is a command for requesting
> the list server to resend a message based on message number.  That
> fails for me, as the resend bounces for the same reason the original
> bounced, even if I don't know exactly what that was.  I've tried it
> numerous times, and have never received the requested resend.  I need
> a way to find the message through the web interface of the list
> archives - but that works by message-id, not message number, thus  my
> need to translate.

In the past I've tried following the instructions, used to be on the
Gentoo site somewhere, and I've never got it to work.  I literally copy
and pasted the info and it has never sent the missing messages or a
error message.  If you do get it to work, I'd love to know how you did it.

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath getting this to work.  Unless
something has changed since I tried it, it is a lost cause.

Dale

:-)  :-)