Hi,

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:11:48 +0000
karlos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just wanted to ask whether someone on the List has experiences with the
> Realtime Preemption patches by Ingo Molnar
>
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/
>
> applied to the gentoo-kernel. I have just tried it out but a LOT of files
> are not where patch thinks they should be, so I did not even attempt to
> build it.

Files should be there... you're using the correct -p flag for patch? I
guess you'd having problems anyway if you're using the (already heavily
patched) gentoo-kernel. Why not start with a vanilla kernel, patch it
with realtime-preempt and then apply any other patches you might want
from gentoo-sources?

-hwh