Yesterday I switched my gentoo repo from rsync to git, and the initial
--sync with an empty directory did a git clone successfully.

Today, when I try to sync, it always fails:

  $ sudo emerge --sync >>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into
'/var/db/repos/gentoo'...
  /usr/bin/git fetch origin
  error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
  !!! git fetch error in /var/db/repos/gentoo

  Action: sync for repo: gentoo, returned code = 128

The SSL connection to anongit.gentoo.org happens, the handshake goes
OK, a few frames of data go back and forth, then the nothing happens
for 60s and the client end sends a FIN.

After the initial sync which does a git clone, how do you do
subsequent sync operations?

--
Grant