Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 23:31:56 GMT Dale wrote:
>
>> I have a very similar printer and this is my settings from CUPS:

>> Location:    Local Printer
>> Driver:    C2325dw - IPP Everywhere (color, 2-sided printing)
>> Connection:    ipp://192.168.0.102
> That Connection field is what I needed. Thanks Dale.
>
>> If I recall correctly, the printer uses DHCP so I let it pick its first
>> IP itself and then I think I set it to use that from then on.  I have a
>> cell phone that connects to and don't want them switching IPs on me.  It
>> uses IPP to communicate.  If you want to access the printer directly, to
>> see toner cartridge levels, adjust printer settings etc, just point a
>> browser to the IP address.
>>
>> If you are connecting to a router, I'd access the router and see if the
>> router is seeing the printer first thing.  If you require passwords, you
>> may need to enter the password on the printer panel, I did.  Once you
>> can access the printer in a web browser, you can adjust things easier.
> In fact I've taken the belt-and-braces approach. I have the address defined
> in
> /etc/hosts and in the local DNS, and it's also associated with the MAC
> address
> in the router.
>
>> Does that help any?
> It does. I've just spent an hour stepping through the process of adding the
> printer, writing down everything I did and saw. Then I went back and tried
> your suggestion and it worked straight away.
>
> Thanks again.

I'm not going to tell you how many hours I spent trying all the
options.  Or how long I googled.  It took a while.  I asked on here and
got some help but still took a bit.

If that didn't help, I was going to take pics and send them off list.
That way you can just follow along with it.  About the only change you
might need to make, the IP address.  I couldn't imagine it being to
different given the closeness of our printer models.

By the way, I hope you can refill your cartridges.  Those things are
darn expensive.  The high yield is the best bargain tho.  If I could get
the ships, I could refill mine.  Toner isn't a problem.  The chips are.
I wish someone would make a chip that disables the page count thing.
Maybe a reset button.  If you ever find a way that works, please share,
off list if needed.  Just keep [gentoo-user] in the subject line.  That
triggers my filters and bypasses spam filter.

I'm not sure about yours but I am very pleased with features and the
print quality.  My only gripe is the cartridges and their cost.

Happy printing.

Dale

:-)  :-)