Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 January 2022 12:10:05 GMT Dale wrote:
>
> I'm not aware of a page count. It looks as though it measures what's left in
> the cartridge. That's if I'm reading the status display right.
>
>> I'm not sure about yours but I am very pleased with features and the
>> print quality.  My only gripe is the cartridges and their cost.
> Yes, me too.

I researched and found a couple places that claimed if you refill the
cartridges before they were about empty, then it would keep working.
However, other people said the chip prints a specific number of pages
and then shows empty whether it is or not.  I know when my cartridges
claimed being empty, I could hear the toner shaking around in there.
I'm just not sure how much was in there.  I'm thinking it is the later
because I've read that the chip must be replaced because it counts pages
not measure toner.  It has no reset button.

I'm thinking about testing the theory tho.  Just buy a bottle of toner,
whatever is getting below half full, and then filling it back up.  Print
and see what happens.  If the level goes up, it works and can be
refilled.  If it doesn't and stops at the preset number of pages, then
the chip must be replaced when filling.

If you have info about someone actually doing this, I'd be interested in
reading their postings about it.  The toner isn't half bad price wise.

Dale

:-)  :-)