Anna “CyberTailor” wrote:
> On 2022-03-19 03:03, Dale wrote:
>> I been thinking.  Yea, that's dangerous.  lol  If I logout of KDE, or
>> have the screen locked, ctrl+alt=L key sequence, how secure is that if I
>> have good passwords that are virtually impossible to crack?  My login
>> manager is sddm.  As a example, if someone breaks into my home, is there
>> a easy way to get past that?  I recall the old windoze 98 days where a
>> certain key sequence would bypass the password prompt.  Is there a way
>> known to crooks and such that can bypass or easily defeat passwords?
> The only secure lockscreen is XScreenSaver.
> https://www.jwz.org/blog/2021/01/i-told-you-so-2021-edition/

I have that installed here.  Question now is, is that what locks my
screen or is KDE/sddm/something else doing that besides xscreensaver.
>From my poking around, I don't think I'm using xscreensaver.  I'm trying
to figure out how that works so I can get it to be used with KDE and any
other GUI I use.  Being able to use ctrl+alt=L would be a nice bonus.

Thanks for that info.  It gets me started.

Dale

:-)  :-)