Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 March 2022 12:33:16 GMT Anna “CyberTailor” wrote:
>>> I have that installed here.  Question now is, is that what locks my
>>> screen or is KDE/sddm/something else doing that besides xscreensaver.
>>> From my poking around, I don't think I'm using xscreensaver.  I'm trying
>>> to figure out how that works so I can get it to be used with KDE and any
>>> other GUI I use.  Being able to use ctrl+alt=L would be a nice bonus.
>> Add a custom keybinding for Ctrl+Alt+L Ctrl+Alt+Lso it executes:
>>
>>     xscreensaver-command --lock
> Ctrl+Alt+L locks the screen here, after logging in to Plasma via SDDM. I
> didn't set that myself, so it seems to be a default value.

I think when I logout and back in, it may work better.  I put in a
config file in KDE autostart and when I want to lock the screen, it
triggers xscreensaver instead of the usual KDE lock screen.  That's the
theory anyway.  I just finished my updates so I should be able to test
in a bit.

The only downside, it activates the screensaver and locks the screen
when I'm watching videos right now.  That may change when I logout and
back in to but right now, I had to stop xscreensaver.  I tend to leave
the screen saver turned off anyway and just lock the screen when I want
it to power off the monitor etc.

We'll know in a bit.  I'll post updates in case someone else here wants
to switch or googles up this thread.

Dale

:-)  :-)