Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 6:39 PM Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>>> Use /dev/disks/by/partlabel/foo or /dev/disks/by-partuuid/bar.
>>>
>> That's even more typing than /dev/sdk.  Some things I do easily by using
>> tab completion and all.  When mounting, I let fstab remember the UUID
>> for it.
> That's what copy/paste is for.  How often are you editing your
> crypttab anyway?  This way when you move drives around they still
> work.

I did a google search for crypttab.  After reading what its purpose is,
I see why I don't have one.  It seems it is more for decrypting and
mounting things during bootup.  I don't need to mount encrypted data to
boot up or even log into KDE.  I just need it to access data when
needed.  Most of the encrypted data that I access often is actually my
external drives.  When I leave home, I close the encrypted data.  When I
get home, I open it and remount it.  If I need it for something.

One day I may encrypt my /home directory.  Maybe.  I don't really see
the need since any data I want protected can just be put on the
encrypted part I have now. Anyway, I suspect when I reboot, this is will
be back to the old way.  I thought I was going to have a opportunity to
do that last night.  My lights went off for a few seconds.  UPS kicked
in and they came back on.  It's not over yet tho.  ;-)

Or am I missing something?

Dale

:-)  :-)