On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 11:16 AM Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> 1.  dracut: 90crypt: Could not find any command of '/lib/systemd/systemd-
> cryptsetup cryptsetup'!
>
> ...and similar for bluetooth.
>
> What do I have to include in /etc/dracut.conf.d/mine.conf to silence these? I
> already omit the relevant modules:
>
> $ grep -e crypt -e blue /etc/dracut.conf.d/mine.conf
> omit_dracutmodules+=" bluetoothd "
> omit_dracutmodules+=" systemd-cryptsetup "
> omit_dracutmodules+=" cryptsetup "

There are no modules by any of those names, so these config settings
are a no-op.

systemd-cryptsetup is called by the crypt module
There is also a bluetooth module.

Modules are located in /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d.

I suspect the output of dracut mentions the names of the modules it is
about what it is doing.

For the most part modules tend to be automagic.  Each one figures out
if you're using it, and installs stuff if needed, and if not it
no-ops.  So if it can't find cryptsetup then it won't go trying to put
support for it in the initramfs.  I do get though that people prefer
to have commands avoid output in a successful state, so omitting those
modules should do the trick.

Dracut modules are pretty simple in their operation.  They all have a
module-setup.sh script which is run by dracut and which does any
logic, tells dracut what to install in the initramfs, and which
registers scripts to run during various phases of boot.  I haven't
looked at them in ages but I did write up this article on how they
work: https://rich0gentoo.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/a-quick-dracut-module/

--
Rich