On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 8:49 AM Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:

> On 12/18/22 10:38, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
> > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
> > Humm, I think you should...
> > Wipe the machine and start over with Gentoo from scratch...
>
> First there was Linux from Scratch.
>
> Next came Beyond Linux from Scratch.
>
> Then there was Gentoo.
>
> Now, the latest, greatest installment: Gentoo from Scratch.

Gawd, that's funny! Thanks for making me smile, assuming I found what
you're talking about:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_ebuild_tree_from_scratch

Just what every Gentoo user needs. More management!

I really have fallen off the deep end thinking computers are just tools to
get a job done. I'm ashamed of myself...

In the really early days of Gentoo circa 2003 when I started there was some
choice about regular Gentoo or a really low level install. I failed with
the low level one but soon learned that every package on my machine was
going to get rebuilt anyway so why bother?

:-( Sad Mark. I'm a putz...