Am Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 12:38:45PM -0600 schrieb Dale:

> I suspect it has something to do with this being a older system.

Very likely. :)

> I wouldn't be surprised if the SATA was a older and slower version.

I hate to repeat myself, but no. Here are the speeds of SATA:

Generation   Year   Gross bandwidth   Net bandwidth
SATA 1       2003     1.5 Gbps        1.2 Gbps (150 MB/s)
SATA 2       2004     3.0 Gbps        2.4 Gbps (300 MB/s)
SATA 3       2008     6.0 Gbps        4.8 Gbps (600 MB/s)

Even SATA 1 is faster than your new ethernet card.

> I guess I could google it.

My source (as most often): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SATA
If you know the name of a technical thing, the quickest way to concise
facts is wikipedia.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

The stupid keep tidy.  The genius controls chaos.