On 11/10/2023 17:44, Philip Webb wrote:
231011 Alan McKinnon wrote:
Today a sync and emerge world produces a huge list of blockers.
qt 5.15.10 is currently installed and qt 5.15.11 is new in the tree and
being blocked.
All the visible blockers are Qt itself so --verbose-conflicts is needed.

My experience for some time has been that Qt pkgs block one another,
st the only way out is to unmerge them all, then remerge them all.
If anyone knows a better method, please let us know

I haven't had that in a long time. If I get blocks like that (rare) --backtrack=100 (or whatever it is) unusually unblocks it.

The other thing is, I don't have any explicit perl code on my system, but on at least one occasion running perl-cleaner --all unbunged a problem ...

There's a whole bunch of incantations that are rarely needed but need to be remembered for when they are ...

Cheers,
Wol