Hello list,

I still can't see how portage limits the load. Today I'm emerging libreoffice,
and it's spending almost the whole time working with 4 CPU threads. But:

$ grep -e '\-j' -e distcc /etc/portage/make.conf
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=18 --load-average=30 --backtrack=200 --
autounmask=n --keep-going  --nospinner"
FEATURES="distcc userfetch buildpkg network-sandbox parallel-install sandbox
userpriv usersandbox"
MAKEOPTS="-j18"

I found a suggestion to use distcc in the installation handbook, which I
hadn't seen there before, so I went searching for it and found how to do it.
It usually works well, in this case starting 18 packages before starting LO
itself. grep -rw doesn't find '4' anywere relevant under /etc/portage/ . Other
times it just doesn't help at all.

What am I missing?

--
Regards,