On 2023-12-12 22:08, Vít Smolík wrote:
Dne út 12. 12. 2023 22:55 uživatel <stefan11111@shitposting.expert> napsal:

Tried doing the optimus thing. Just like without optimus, I start xorg
but I see nothing.
Xorg and dwm properly start, I tried typing in a terminal 'speaker-test'
and it worked.
So the problem there isn't that xorg freezes or something, it's that I
can't see the x server.

i am truly sorry, but i cannot understand you. so are you saying that you
can't start xorg at all, and see some kinf of black screen?
if so, make sure to follow the "Before starting X", also make sure to take a look at the "xorg.conf" chapter so you have X configured right. and also
see the configuration for your display manager (sddm, light-dm etc.)

if you can loadup xorg, try switching back to the igpu by using
"optimus-manager --switch integrated"
it will log you out, so be careful.

May the Force be with you,
Vít Smolík.

I tried to add an attachment, but it seems it didn't go through.
I can start xorg via startx/xinit. All I see is it's startup text and nothing else. I do not have any package installed that provides the command optimus-manager, which you reference in your post.

Here is my .xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh

xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0 &
xrandr --auto &
slstatus &
xcompmgr &
/usr/bin/feh --bg-fill '/home/stefan/images/wallpapers/2.jpg' &
doas chown -R root:audio /dev/snd/* &
doas chmod 660 /dev/snd/* &
#curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts > /etc/hosts &
exec dwm

Here is the xorg.conf generated by nvidia-xconfig --prime:

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 525.147.05

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0"
    Inactive       "InactiveDevice1"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Unknown"
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BusID          "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "InactiveDevice1"
    Driver         "modesetting"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "True"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection