I run Windows 7 in VirualBox-6 and it runs relatively fast but after upgrade to
VirtualBox-7 (7.0.10) I noticed
users weren't able to access Windows-7 server; the network got almost non
responsive.  I've notice same with earlier VirtualBox-7.0.8 (something)
I've found many post complaining about similar problems with VirtualBox-7

What changes did they introduced in VirtualBox-7 that make it unusable?

It will force me to switch to Windows 11; I know Windows-7 is no longer
supported but I've been running Windows-7 on Gentoo for a long time
and VirtualBox-7 incompatibility with Windows-7 will force me to ditch Linux :-/
--
Thelma