On 2024.02.02 12:53, Thelma wrote:
On 2/2/24 10:09, John Covici wrote:

On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:26:09 -0500,
Thelma wrote:

Anybody on the list using Asterisk?
I need some help.

Have save version of asterisk is working correctly on one computer but the other.

I use asterisk all the time, but I don't use the gentoo package, I
compile from source myself because some of the computers I use it on
have different requirements and this way I have more conttrol as to
what goes on.

I have been using asterisk for some time but have run into strange problem now.

I have home-asterisk and remote-location-asterisk they are connected via openvpn and IAX
and I use iax to register home-asterisk to remote-asterisk

At home I have two computers (main-asterisk and backup-asterisk), running save version of Asterisk, same dial-plan, same config files, all files in /etc/asterisk are identical
on home-comuters, I compare them with "meld"

- backup-asterisk to remote-asterisk works OK, I can call remote asterisk internally over IAX and remote asterisk receive the call and voice is working.

- main-asterisk to remote-asterisk doesn't work well and I don't know how to troubleshoot.

When I place a call to remote-asterisk, internally over IAX the phone is ringing but when somebody answer the call we can not hear each other. When somebody from remote-asterisk calls me (home-asterisk) internally over IAX voice is working correctly; it only happen when I place a call from home-asterisk to remote-asterisk (and only from my main-computer) it is not working.

When I call remote-asterisk over POTS line it works OK.

I do not use asterisk, but I would look at configuration files to see if there is some filtering of allowed IP addresses for connections. My first suspicion would be that main-asterisk and/or backup-asterisk has changed its address as seen by remote-asterisk and is now being handled differently.