On 04.04.24 00:44, Michael wrote:
No, this is not normal.  I wonder if your make.conf settings are correct.
Start with some safe CFLAGS as suggested here:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Safe_CFLAGS

Then use the package 'app-portage/cpuid2cpuflags' to set the correct CPU
flags:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/CPU_FLAGS_*

At this point you should be able to use gcc with no further problems.  You can
try to optimise your settings further by taking a look at suggestions here:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization

A little correction, even though the "-march=" change removed the warning gcc threw, it unfortunately didn't solve the issue. I just recompiled dev-lang/nasm, and after that recompiled libjpeg-turbo, and I have the same hang on  "Detecting C compiler ABI info" again.

Good night

Nanderty