On Thursday, 4 April 2024 21:32:37 BST Paul Sopka wrote:
> On 04.04.24 00:44, Michael wrote:
> > No, this is not normal.  I wonder if your make.conf settings are correct.
> > Start with some safe CFLAGS as suggested here:
> >
> > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Safe_CFLAGS
> >
> > Then use the package 'app-portage/cpuid2cpuflags' to set the correct CPU
> > flags:
> >
> > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/CPU_FLAGS_*
> >
> > At this point you should be able to use gcc with no further problems.  You
> > can try to optimise your settings further by taking a look at suggestions
> > here:
> >
> > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization
>
> A little correction, even though the "-march=" change removed the
> warning gcc threw, it unfortunately didn't solve the issue. I just
> recompiled dev-lang/nasm, and after that recompiled libjpeg-turbo, and I
> have the same hang on  "Detecting C compiler ABI info" again.

Your toolchain is now correct.  Can you show the output of:

equery u media-libs/libjpeg-turbo

and

emerge --info media-libs/libjpeg-turbo

However, it could be this is a bug, you can check here for reports:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=media-libs%2Flibjpeg-turbo

If this is the only package you're getting a problem with, you can run:

emerge --resume --skipfirst

to complete your migration to profile 23.0, then try again to emerge libjpeg-
turbo on its own.