Hi all,

For a while I've been seeing the following ERROR-messages when booting 1 of my
systems:

* ERROR: cannot start multipathd as localmount would not start
 * ERROR: cannot start zfs-import as localmount would not start

This isn't a big concern as these services will start correctly later:

INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
 * Starting multipathd ...
 [ ok ]
 * Importing ZFS pool(s)  ...
 [ ok ]

But I am trying to find the cause of these errors as they are preventing
parallel-start from actually working correctly.

When I check with "rc-depend", I don't see an obious cause:

# /lib/rc/bin/rc-depend multipathd
sysfs devfs udev udev-trigger modules fsck root localmount multipathd

# /lib/rc/bin/rc-depend localmount
sysfs devfs udev udev-trigger modules fsck root localmount

# /lib/rc/bin/rc-depend zfs-import
multipath sysfs devfs udev udev-trigger modules fsck root localmount
multipathd zfs-import

# /lib/rc/bin/rc-depend multipath
multipath

>From how I read these, it should be able to start "localmount" properly before
even trying to start "multipathd" and "zfs-import"
There is also no technical dependency for "localmount" (the root filesystem is
not on ZFS on this system)

Any help/suggestions on how to find the cause would be appreciated.

--
Joost