Howdy,

I'm installing Gentoo on that old Dell Inspiron still.  I'm getting
close.  I'm now at this.

 * Error: circular dependencies:

(media-plugins/frei0r-plugins-1.8.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for
merge) depends on
 (media-libs/opencv-4.9.0:0/4.9.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
(buildtime_slot_op)
  (media-video/ffmpeg-6.1.1-r5:0/58.60.60::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for
merge) (buildtime_slot_op)
   (media-plugins/frei0r-plugins-1.8.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for
merge) (buildtime)

It might be possible to break this cycle
by applying any of the following changes:
- media-video/ffmpeg-6.1.1-r5 (Change USE: -frei0r)
- media-plugins/frei0r-plugins-1.8.0 (Change USE: -facedetect)
- media-libs/opencv-4.9.0 (Change USE: -ffmpeg)

Note that this change can be reverted, once the package has been installed.
NAS2 ~ #

Earlier, I added those USE flags so that it could continue on with the
install.  I figured it was like that harfbuzz and something else thing.
Now that everything else is done, I want to go back to the default USE
flags, like it said I could.  Thing is, when I remove the ones it wants
above, it still complains.  It either fails to build or spits out
something like above.

Has anyone doing a recent new install ran into this and know how to get
around it?  I've tried different options but they either fail or tell me
to change back to the settings it suggests above.  I searched the forums
but didn't find anything.  Google didn't find anything either.  I may
have found something new.  ROFL

Thoughts??

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  I'll be glad when I can put a larger CPU cooler on that old
Dell.  I got the side off with a wall powered fan blowing on it.  ROFL
With side on, dang near fry a egg on that poor old thing.