We have the following IDs associated with block devices and their filesystem:

1. Partition type.  For example the ESP with partition type 'ef00', has the
GPT UID:

Partition GUID code: C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B (EFI system
partition)

You can check this if you launch gdisk, press i, followed by the number of a
partition, e.g. 1 for your ESP.  This is the discoverable partition GUID
string and is the same for all ESP type partitions.

2. There is also a unique ID stored in the GPT for each partition, this is
different to the partition GUID code above:

Partition unique GUID: a different 32 long character string, also in groups of
8-4-4-4-12 characters.

This is the long string used by the efibootmgr to identify the ESP.  If you
have more than disk and each disk has its own ESP, the efibootmgr will list
them all with their unique 32 character partition GUID.

If your efibootmgr incantation does not show the GUID of your ESP, then the
installation of GRUB is incorrect.  Use the options I mentioned in my previous
message.

3. There is the filesystem UUID, unique to each filesystem.  For a FAT
formatted partition this will be 4-4 (8 character long).  Typically this is
used in fstab.

There's also a disk GUID, but this does not affect what you're trying to do
here.

The standards and landscape of different partitions, their mountpoint and
bootloaders has changed over the years.  What the Handbook provides reflects
the current state of affairs.

Please read these relatively recent news items as they may affect how you
install a binary kernel and initramfs (I don't use this kernel here to know
its nuances):

https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2024-03-12-debianutils-installkernel.html

https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2024-05-17-dracut-ext-kmods.html